Forum - Social and General Chat - New owner

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
New owner 7Sun 12 Mar 2023 10:56:34
Boyanoy Boyanoy Fri 10 Feb 2023 19:31:40 Hello from Norrtälje in Sweden. I have always dreamed of sailing, being able to sail and being able to afford to sail. I was looking for a cheap boat, preferably a trailersailer. God, Jesus or Oden finally saw me and showed me a manta 19 on the internet that was given away nearby. Maybe I can make it float I thought, maybe sails can be found and so on. I got the boat and when i saw it i couldn't believe my eyes, it was so dirty but absolutely wonderful, complete with 4 sails, inside it was like new, trailer in great condition. it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me, I learned to sail (lots left to learn) and I love it. i got the boat in july last year and was out at sea as often as i could, unfortunately the winters are long here and i almost can't stand it until the ice melts. I got a lot of help from this forum to learn how things should fit and notice that many people love their mantas. my first boat but it is really wonderful. I look forward to sharing my experiences here and reading about yours.

Replies

Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sat 11 Feb 2023 09:23:44 Love 💕 the idea of Mantas sailing the high seas in Sweden 🇸🇪!! Respect to you although we do sometimes have bad weather here in the uk 🇬🇧! This is me and a dog named Teddy on Coniston Water in the Lake District.
New owner
Boyanoy Boyanoy Sat 11 Feb 2023 10:04:50 Summers are amazing here, winter is pretty boring. Norrtälje is a bit outside of Stockholm, the ice will break sometime in April and then I'll be ready. I haven't sailed out on the open sea yet, partly because I'm a beginner and partly because I don't know what the Manta can handle. I hope i have the courage and sail to a Finnish island called Åland this summer, it's a trip of about 30km, in good weather I think it will go well. has anyone sailed any longer trips with their manta on the open seas? nice with the company of a dog! Here is a picture of my Manta from last summer.
New owner
Boyanoy Boyanoy Sat 11 Feb 2023 10:17:02 I had to look up Coniston Water on google earth, it looked nice. here where I live it is also very exciting with a boat, there are hundreds or thousands of small islands where you can stop to swim or spend the night. a whole new world opened up with my dear Spetter.
mhsorens mhsorens Wed 15 Feb 2023 17:49:26 Welcome, Boyanoy! I suspect a Manta 19 is absolutely ideal for exploring the shallow nooks and crannies of the Swedish and Åland archipelagos. I would love to go there some day after finally having aquired a trailer for Funny Girl. Last summer, I circumnavigated the Danish main island of Zealand in a series of 10-30nm legs: The boat is lively but well behaved in exposed coastal waters, but head sea will really slow things down and larger waves on the beam can feel somewhat scary: I try to avoid predicted wave heights above 50 cm, although I encountered a few quite larger wave trains coming in without problems. This summer I hope to participate in two rallies of the South Scandinavian chapter of Dinghy Cruising Association - one in the vicinity of Bergen (NO) and one in Præstø (DK). Fingers crossed.
New owner
Boyanoy Boyanoy Wed 15 Feb 2023 20:16:18 Thanks Mhsorens! That was the kind of answer I was hoping for, if you've rounded Sjælland my manta can probably take me to Åland. it sounds like you had an exciting trip. The Danish coast can usually be quite windy and I think the waves there are wilder than the ones we have here. I advise you to travel here, I am so proud to be born and raised here, with the archipelago of Roslagen outside my kitchen window. Excuse my language, I have to use google sometimes.
mhsorens mhsorens Thu 02 Mar 2023 20:38:23 Btw ... did you see this video of a Manta19 planing at +12 knots speed? Still blows my mind. Don't know how they managed not to demast, broach or capsize it in the process. https://fb.watch/j0MkcbaxhU/
Boyanoy Boyanoy Sun 12 Mar 2023 10:56:34 Oh, I hadn't seen that one, it looked a bit scary. Incredible that the boat made it. Thanks, it was fun to watch.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept