Forum - Sails and Sailing - new mainsail

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
new mainsail 4Mon 27 Jan 2014 11:50:06
liam liam Sun 19 Jan 2014 13:16:41 Hi all,

I think my mainsail may not the original sail and in either case, i need a new one i think. Does anyone have the original sizing for the manta main sail please?

Replies

Mekicevica Mekicevica Mon 20 Jan 2014 09:21:28 My (old) mainsail was made by Jeckells and they have the measurements on record. That assumed you have the original rig.
In any case, a local sailmaker should offer to come and take the measurements at no extra charge.
Luis
jb jb Tue 21 Jan 2014 11:16:02 Hi, the dimensions of my mainsail are:

Luff: 519 cm
Foot: 182 cm
Leach: 547 cm - this was measured in a straight line, corner to corner, not along the curve.

The sail is numbered and logoed, I'm assuming it's authentic. I can't recall the maker (didn't jot it down in my little book of facts), but as Mekicevica said, your best bet is to find a sailmaker with a plan of the proper dimentions. If you haven't one locally and your not 100% sure of your rig, the sailmaker will let you know what measurements they need.
It would be interesting to hear how you get on!

John
StuartH StuartH Tue 21 Jan 2014 13:39:05 Hi
I got a new one only a year ago also from Jecklls in Wroxham, so they have up to date info.
liam liam Mon 27 Jan 2014 11:50:06 Lovely. Thanks for your help everyone.
I will get on and let you know how much success I have.
I also need to try and figure out my reefing system for the jib/genoa; removed the sail last season to find a permanent twist in the wire...
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept