Forum - Keel and Centre Plate - Keel Removal

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Keel Removal 3Wed 10 Apr 2013 23:24:26
garyg garyg Sat 06 Apr 2013 15:18:12 Before I start breaking into the vertical tube which supports the bridge deck and through which the centre plate chain runs I'd appreciate confirmation that the three aft keel bolts are located under the tube and not at the side. Judicious removal of exposed glass fibre to the side of the tube supports this view but I'd like to be sure before going further. Luis and Jakob have provided some really useful information but the matter of bolt location seems to be the last piece in the keel removal jigsaw. When complete I will post a blow by blow process for removal / replacement, with pictures. It's the least I can do to support a very helpful site.
Thanks
Gary

Replies

Mekicevica Mekicevica Wed 10 Apr 2013 13:33:16 Hi Gary.
There are indeed TWO bolts for which you need to break through the centre plate box. The aftmost is behind it. Need to be a small and flexible guy to get to it.
Good luck with the project.
Luis
garyg garyg Wed 10 Apr 2013 21:10:28 Hi Luis.
Thanks, I didn't want to start digging holes in the box before being certain. Hopefully the keel will be dropped this weekend.
Gary
Mark Mark Wed 10 Apr 2013 23:24:26 Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading about it. I hope it goes well. good luck wink
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept