Forum - Maintenance - Leaking Lockers

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Leaking Lockers 3Tue 17 Jul 2012 10:08:14
slatytom slatytom Sun 08 Jul 2012 23:21:53 Hi I have rain water coming to the cockpit lockers ,I have removed and sealed the hinges but it still leaks .Any info would be helpfull, I also broke the cast aluminium mast foot , I made a new one from a hinge of a van door and used a piece of teak to go up inside the mast it worked perfect. Would love some help with the water problem .

Hoping to hear from someone soon

Thanks ! Tom

Replies

Mark Mark Mon 09 Jul 2012 00:06:42 Is it leaking into both side lockers or just the port side locker?
slatytom slatytom Tue 17 Jul 2012 00:20:38 Hi Mark just a little on the port side but on the star board side about 3 litres after it rains
Mark Mark Tue 17 Jul 2012 10:08:14 Wow, that's quite a lot.

The only thing that I can think of is the 'gutter' (groove around the hatch opening) that the hatch/seat lid edges go into when they are closed. Water that goes into the gutter/groove should just run out at the bottom onto the cockpit floor. If you haven't done this already, you could try a pouring a jug of water on the closed seat and see if any leaks in when it drains into the gutter.

Another possibility might be the main sheet cleats. Water could be leaking through the bolts into the lockers but I think that this is probably unlikely to let in 3 litres.

My final thought is whether you have a small crack or hole somewhere in the cockpit floor.

Good luck finding it.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept