The Manta 19 Trailer Sailer - Forum

Forum

Forum Title Topics Posts Latest Post sorting
Social and General Chat 20 67 Mon 25th Jun 2018
23:52:04
Topic Posts Latest Post sorting
New project I have just taken over an abandoned Manta that is in a very sorry state. She has been on Coniston for many years and has ... 3 Mon 25th Jun 2018
23:52:04
Ian reid New projectOn Sun 24th Jun 2018 23:59:12 - Ian reid said:I have just taken over an abandoned Manta that is in a very sorry state. She has been on Coniston for many years and has been upside down in recent times. She is missing the rudder, has had a chainplate ripped out and the keel is very rusty and jammed. All in all, plenty to keep me busy for a good few months.
First job is going to be getting the keel sorted. Managed to release it and now have to try to remove the pivot bolt.

Replies

Ian reid On Mon 25th Jun 2018 23:52:04 - Ian reid said:10 minutes of T Cut and elbow grease and she’s coming up nice
Ian reid On Mon 25th Jun 2018 19:02:55 - Ian reid said:First major job completed. Keel plate removed after quite a fight. Stainless bolt sheared off so had to hacksaw the bolt either side of the plate. Used a slate ripper extensively to slide up the sides and knock out debris and rust. The hole for the pin was extremely worn.